As I look back over the past twelve years and the most memorable and profound therapeutic encounters I have had, I am blown away by how wonderful my "job" is. I have the privilege of being with people during some of the most transformative moments in their lives and to bring music to these moments.
Obviously the processes of birth and death come to mind, but also to hear the new sounds a child with a developmental disability utters when singing, to witness a person have a profound realization about their own life through analyzing lyrics to another's song- it is a gift to do this work and be a part of this.
So.. I guess I'm not further down the road of choosing a direction in which to do my initial marketing. But, at least I'm committed to staying in the field of music therapy and committed to taking stock every now and then- realizing how lucky I am to love my work.
No comments:
Post a Comment